This is 8 p.m. already but there’s still
a big crowd of Japanese people out here. So many people.. Aren’t they going to bed soon? Like being in Shanghai
the day we went to HAI DI LAO. Remember the vlog earlier? – Wait.. we have to go this way.
– Not that. – This way!
– Not that way! If we continue this way it’ll be like this. Yeah. That’s the right way. It’s that way. Not that! Look at this! It’s this way! See this? If it’s like this, it’ll be like that. But if we go like this, it’ll be like this. What the heck.. We’re looking for a sushi place called… What’s the name again? I forgot. – It’s called “KURA SUSHI”.
– Right. That one. So why did we choose this place? I’ve checked out JapanSalaryman Facebook page and it said that this place has one unique thing.. What is it? Tell us first. [Give us a sec to sync] KURA SUSHI has one unique thing that enables them to make a profit of around 400,000 million Baht a year. 400,000 million?!
[It’s actually 40,000 million Baht.] – Where are we going next?
– Watch out for the car! Let’s cross the road first. It’s green light now. Green light now. The secret sauce that
makes them so successful is how they arrange
each sushi plate of the conveyor belt. So, today we’ll see how unique it is from other places. Before this, we’ve been to other 4-5 sushi places to observe how it’s like beforehand. B1F – Go!
– Here it is. Let’s go. San.. Just the sight of people waiting.. Just the sight of people waiting and the sound of the mic.. Behind us is the people who are waiting in line. Tons! A lot!!! [Stunned] [Queueing..] [takes a quite a while..] How are you doing? I’m starving. Already? I can’t read this but after doing the translation, it should read something like “Queue no.98”. The screen will display the queue numbers. But they way the numbers are displayed.. 20, 19, 13, 25. See that?
[The numbers are not displayed in order.] The numbers are arranged like this. 36 – 45. 29 – 35. Or are these the table numbers? I just don’t understand how the queue system works here. No. 20 is displayed again. Or is this for the staff only? It seems like the screen
is not for us but for people inside. Shall we make Bearhouse queue system confusing too? For what? – So that we don’t need to know how long we have to wait.
– Be confused. [Kan’s still curious about the queue system.] Nothing to do with the queue they said. They said they’ll tell us when we get a table. Just that. Those screens have nothing to do with the queue. – And did they tell you what they are?
– Nope. Oh, they didn’t tell you. The screen’s showing number 2, 36, 37, 38, 17. A set of code for stock management. – They must be playing bingo inside.
– No way. Bingo and then customers would be like.. A lot of people are going in and out. Or did they skip us? What is this? Playing a game while waiting, right? Sleepy? [Still waiting..] [So we went for another one.] This is the first number we had. And this is the new one. [The number is lower.] What the heck is going on here?! I’ve tried getting the queue for a table too. Table 861.. what the?! It’s also says “between 5 p.m. to 11.10 p.m.”. Now it’s 9 p.m. already.. oh wait. [Finally…] Hey! Hey you!!! Starving! We’ve been waiting for like.. one and a half hour! I really think that they’ve skipped us. They were announcing
in Japanese so they must have skipped us. Those who came after us already went inside.
[We’re skipping one table.] What are all these flyers? What more sercrets they’re hiding? What happened?! Let’s talk first. Guys, a camera person must be very patient. Even when you’re hungry,
you still can’t eat and can’t speak. You’re giving me some, right? I hate tamago. We got these stuff once we got in. Refreshing towels and the table number. We’re now sitting at table 3. There’s a lot of stuff on the table, wasabi and so on. And the important thing is.. I’ve seen others add Shoyu to their sushis like this. They squeeze it like this. – No need to spread it all over?
– yeah. And no need to dip you sushi. So the rice won’t fall apart. [Falling apart one time] Here’s the hot water faucet
for you to drink with green tea. This box should have.. utensils. Here are ginger, galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves. And here’s the green tea powder
for you to make your own green tea. Where’s my cup? You have to get it from up there. Whenever you come to
a sushi place, you wanna do this. Like this. You wanna add the powder to your cup. And here’s the hot water
you wanna fill the cup with. Now, we’ll get to drink
a nice cup of green tea. The next thing is we’re looking at is the menu. The menu on the table. There will be a piece of menu on the table like this. And there will also be
an English one for those who know nothing. All the steps will be told in here. And.. Can you move your plate? Here’s the English menu. Not just this menu and this one right here and that one right there and that one, but they also have menu shown in the tablet. Once you order via the tablet,
your ordered food will delivered from the kitchen. A rubber belt for food delivery. Say, if we wanna eat something that’s not on the belt, we can select what we want. Sitting here for awhile, I can now tell the difference
between this place and others. What is it? Normally, when we’re hungry and we start eating them around 5 minutes and we’ll see the same stuff. But here, even I’ve finished a lot, I’m still seeing new food coming all the time. It makes me wanna keep eating. Since the beginning of this vlog,
I still haven’t seen the same kind yet. For the taste, to be honest, there’s not much difference
comparing to other sushi places in Japan since all serve quality food. This place doesn’t stand out in terms of the taste but in terms of variety and service. We normally take 1-2 plates each time. But San’s taking a whole lot at once. See? More new kinds. Maybe there’s an organized way to eat these? Like, how this fish should be eaten after another. I’ve read about this on the website. They even collect data for statistics. Here’s the thing.. See that, guys? She doesn’t finish all the rice! She only eats half of the rice! So we can eat a lot. Since things that we want
aren’t here yet, we’ll have to make orders. Our order is coming! Wow. Just as we think about them. The only slow part is waiting to get a seat. The order is on its way! So fast! I only sent the order like a minute ago. Wait a sec. This is way too many! Some inserts. More inserts for you guys. More inserts. Tons! Good? What did I just eat? I’m returning it. Wait! You can’t do that! Hamburg one. Try it and see if it’s good. That bad? – What’s this one?
– Tuna with boiled egg yolk. Yummy. Everything you chose was great. But the ones I chose were all like.. what the heck?! Especially that one, so bad! I’ve read about this place from the website. They even have a program that tells the staff inside exacly which sushi to make. They will know what to make next. Actually, they may not sell that much. But they may what?
Can you tell us, accounting student? What is it? Say that again. – What?
– You only focus on food. If the sales stays the same,
what can we do to increase the profit? Lower the cost! If they can earn the same with a lower cost, they will make more profit. So, this is the key of running a sushi restaurant that is worth 400,000 million Baht. Or is it 400,000 million Yen, Kan?
[It’s 40,000 million Baht, guy!!] 400,000 million Baht.
I’ve read this from the page. If the information is incorrect,
blame it on the page then. I’m giving you guys the page’s link here. [It’s San’s turn to be a cameraman.] Hold the camera and stay still. Hold the camera still. Are you taking a revenge on me now? Why are you being so delicate? A few more drops of shoyu. Hurry up! Let’s eat! Keep holding the camera. Do it like Siri. You hold the camera. I think I should add more sauce. So, how do you feel? Feel like kicking you! That’s how I felt. This one won’t let you down. Yummy! Yummy! In a good restaurant, guys, there are food we like and ones that we don’t. Here’s what I’ve observed, The highlight menu, looking great and costly, it won’t be served on a conveyor belt. They’ll make us order by ourselves. On here, they all look simple. But look at what we’ve ordered. Oh, I see. It’s harder to make and takes more time. Hard to make. Take more time for operations. And may come with a higher cost. What they put on here may be ones
that make high profits. So they are rotated frequently. And when we see it over and over,
we feel like trying it, right? There must be one. I bet you will take some. Here. Right. Whatever it is. You gain more when ordering from the screen. – More! More!
– Keep ordering. Enough. This one is a special unagi. This menu. Pirate unagi. – How come?
– Why? Because it’s ONE PIECE. It’s a one piece eel! I know. But that’s not funny. The editor won’t find it funny too. Cut it out! Look at the editor’s face. It’s so funny. How ’bout that, bro? This one looks promising. So promising. Look how she wraps it. This is wrapping in Thai style. Like savoury leaf wraps. Woah! How’s it? Too oily. And what about your happy face in the first bite? It’s delicious. And when the taste got in, Oh, too oily. It’s actually good but since we’ve had this much… This one must be a climax. Anago – Seawater eel Don’t finish yet. Let me shoot it first. This one is yummy. Guys, when I have Japanese eel, there’s one thing I dislike. Tiny fish bones in your throat. But it’s not that irritating. So I’ll give you this one. It’s delicious. This one is delicious. Hmmm… How’s it? Smooth and mellow. I wanna challenge Peach eat laek. (Sis, please…)
I wanna challenge Peach eat laek. (Sis, please…) Karn, there’s a majestic menu. Yes? This menu! How’s it? Can’t explain. You gotta try it, Karn. Yes sir. I’m well aware of my own fate. It’s been 2 days that we have sushi train. For the previous ones, the Uni sushi was so bad. It’s stinky, fishy and bitter. It’s not like Uni that we had in Thailand. Maybe a different grade. It’s bitter, rancid. Japanese people might prefer this taste. I’m prepared for this. Anything that’s not delicious for Karn, it can be the worst of the worst. It’s like a rotten mackerel. Stinky and bitter. They might like it this way here. We’re like backstreet guys, San, really. Uni we had in Thailand is quite sweet, not fishy. I just took this picture for translation. The first line it says, please leave your finished plate here. Every 5 plate we finish, we’ll get something in return. Really? Let me try. What’s that? What? Oh, we get nothing. It’s like a lucky draw, right? Hey! right there on the top! There’s Gashapon on the top! What? Like a kids’ toy. It’s a top. Do they play it this way? I want more! I want more! What a nice way to have clients clear their own plates. – Where will these plates go?
– Very smart. It might go straight to dish washers. So they can clean it right away. Waiters no need to collect the plates from tables. I think we got all 5. There comes another game! What’s that? A ghost? Oh! Confront with the ghost! Arr..using the vacuum cleaner to draw it in. (SALT) What? We missed? How come? Let’s try again. (SALT) We missed it again. (SALT) So in total, we put the plates in for 6 rounds. And only 1 round that we won… And this is how smart KURA SUSHI is. I really admire them. We had fun though we got Salt, mostly. Do you know what Salt means? (Salt=(gamer slang) useless things you get from lucky draws) Like disappointed?
(Salt=(gamer slang) useless things you get from lucky draws) Like disappointed? Not really. Salt doesn’t mean disappointed. Salty is the opposite of sweet, right? Have you heard ‘Tongue and Salt’? Bird Thongchai’s song. There come troubles whenever tongue meets salt. No! OK? OK. [Let’s have desserts!] I heard that the crepe cake here is superb. OK. I heard that Bingsu here is superb. Refreshing. A chocolate cake is also a-must.
Reviews say it’s awesome. Smells nice. Like S&P chocolate butter cake. I order more desserts for you,
in case you don’t like this one. Take it, girl. Why you ordered so much!? One more. Woah! What’s this? This won’t let you down. What’s this, Karn? Mango? Yes, it’s mango. How’s it? Life Course rolls in… Let me see my reaction. Don’t despite a mango. – Mango is my favorite one.
– Eat a lot of it. How’s it? Now I know. It’s a frozen mango. Then, it’s thawed. So the texture’s sticky like Mung bean paste. See? The taste is OK. But it’s like, the texture’s not so good. It turns like Mochi. They might like it this way here. That’s right. Everyone. And here comes our bill. We inserted 33 plates in total. Not included ones left on the table. What? We’ve had 33 plates? – That’s right.
– No! Wait. How could it be 33? How many time did we miss Gashapon? 5 times? Oh… Ohh… Ohhh… Guys, let’s guess how much this meal costs. 400 Baht. You can have that sushi in the market. This meal costs 4,471 Yen. Or around 1,400 Thai Baht. – 700 Baht each.
– The last line is 5,300 Yen, isn’t it? No, that’s our change.
I gave them 10,001 Yen. We ate like a wolf. Like we haven’t had anything for a whole day. With this price we paid, it’s a good value. For the cakes, the mango, all of it. it’s 100 Yen each. If you come to this place with an expectation, like the one you’ll have in Omakase sushi, you’ll be disappointed. It’s a different experience. If you wanna try this and want something good value, I think this is one of places I’ll recommend. I don’t know if there are branches over Japan. You can search.
[Yes, there are] Search ‘KURA SUSHI’ in English. Right. It’s KURA SUSHI everyone. What makes them rich, expanding lots of branches, with 400,000 million Baht in revenue, is… It’s operation. Like when you put your plates in, and you got Gashapon. We tried 6 rounds in total. Only 1 round that we won the prize. And the prize we got is a top. Why did you bow to him? What we got is just 1 dumb top. But we’re very happy
and wanna put in more plates. It’s a very good strategy. If they just write down like,
please put your plates, inside this hole. Will you do it? Me neither. But given a chance to win Gashapon, Everyone do it. So the staff don’t have to.. [Battery died!!] Go on. My battery’ died.
Keep talking. So they can cut the cost of staffing. How many staff will it take to collect all of finished plates? They don’t have to pay for that. No need to count the plates. No need to count the plate.
What they have to pay is, staff who make sushi in the kitchen. – Yes. Not that experienced sushi chef.
– That’s right. So their operation is.. decent and fast. But you’ve to wait in a long queue.
So many people. If you wanna try KURA SUSHI, please come. Now I understand why it’s 400,000 million bath.
(*it’s 40,000 million) Such a good idol for us. Let’s go. Are we done? Yes.